Devnagari Hindi Inscript Keyboard
For type in Hindi you have to enable hindi keyboard and you will need Hindi font . Inscript Key board layout is an standard keyboard layout to type in unicode. It is approved and recommended by Indian Govt. In may examinations Hindi Inscript keyboard is used like - SSC, CPCT, UP Govt exam. etc.
Hindi Inscript Keyboard Standard Layout
Wether you know or not your computer system comptuer comes with Inscript keyboard by default, You have to just activate/enable to use it. See Below Given Steps to Enable Hindi Inscript Keyboard in your computer system.
How to Enable Hindi Keyboard In Windows 8, 7 & Vista
1. Open Control Panel and go to Regional and Language Options in Control Panel
2. Click on Change Keyboards button and then click on add button -> after that search for Hindi India and -> Expand the + sign and select Devnagari Inscript Keyboard as shown in figure below.
3. Select Hindi , Check Keyboard Layout and select Devanagari- INSCRIPT
4. Finally Click OK and Apply
How To Use Inscript keyboard
1. Open Any Application
2. Press alt + shift key , now you can type in Hindi with Inscript keyboard and if you again press alt+shift then you will switch to english Keyboard
Steps for Enable Inscript Keyboard in the Windows XP
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
- Click on Regional and Language Options.
- Click on the Languages tab as shown below.
- Under the heading 'Supplemental language support' check the item 'Install files for Complex Script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)'.
- Allow the OS to install necessary files from WindowsXP disc Reboot
What to Select as User Locale, Location and System Locale?
- Click on the 'Regional Options' tab to set User Locale and Location.
- Under the heading 'Standards and format' select Hindi or any other language as your User Locale from the drop-down box. This selection will determine settings for numbers, currencies, times and dates as well as sorting rules for the language.
- Under the heading 'Location', select a country where you are physically located such as India.
Setting-up the Indian Language Keyboards or Input Locales In Regional and Language Options panel, click on the Languages Tab.
- Once Languages tab is selected click on the 'Details' tab to install different input locales or Keyboards.
- Click on the 'Add' button to add a keyboard for a particular language.
- In the drop-down box select Hindi or Marathi as the Input Language.
- A corresponding keyboard layout/IME will be automatically selected as shown below. Click OK to close the dialog boxes.
WindowsXP also offers following Devanagari keyboard layouts such as :
The Hindi-Traditional and Marathi keyboard contain all the characters that are traditionally used in Hindi and Marathi and include English punctuation without the need to change to the English keyboard to get at the punctuation. It is the recommended keyboard for most users.
The Devanagari-Inscript keyboard contains an extended Devanagari character set that includes characters for transliterating into Devanagari from other Indian languages as well as some Sanskrit and ancient Vedic characters. This keyboard is recommended for special users.