Download Hindi Fonts (हिंदी फॉन्ट)
Hindi Fonts (हिंदी फोन्ट्स) or Devanagari Fonts are used to type in Hindi. At indiatyping.com we provide all type of Hindi font for Free download. Most famous Devlys Hindi font Kruti dev, Mangal and many more Hindi typing fonts are available for free download. Here user can also download Hindi keyboard layout for Typewriter ( Remington) layout used in Hindi Typing.
Hindi Fonts can be of two types:
- ISCII Hindi Fonts
- Unicode Hindi Fonts
1. ISCII Hindi Fonts
ISCII Hindi Font are those that we use commonly for Hindi Typing such as Kruti Dev, Devlys, Krishna, Chankya etc. To identify a font that it is ISCII font or not; double click on the font file, if the font shows Hindi Characters then it's a ISCII Hindi Font. Which is greatly used for Hindi typing in India. To type and show Hindi font, you have to install Hindi font on your computer system. Download the Hindi fonts from link given below and install them; the procedure for installation given below.
1. The most popular and beautiful font for Hindi Typing is Kruti Dev font used for many Hindi Typing Test Examination in many states. Here you can download all versions of Krutidev font in free. The typing layout of Krutidev is known as typewritter or Remington layout.
Free Download Kruti Dev Hindi Fonts
2. The Second Most common font used for Hindi Typing is Devlys font also used in Rajasthan for Typing Test Examination, click on below link to free download all versions of Devlys Font. Devlys typing also share the same Remington keyboard mapping.
Free Download Devlys Hindi Fonts
3. The Third most common Hindi font on the Name of God Shri Krishna Hindi font.
Free Download Krishna Hindi Fonts
Other Important Hindi fonts free download
24. Free Download More Hindi Fonts such as Aditi, Akhil, Amar, Amar Ujala, Anubhuti, Ankit, Anmol, Aseem, Aman, Arjun, Atam, Bhaskar, Chanakya, Dadar, Kanika, Krishna, Vibha etc.
Hindi Typing Font App for Android Mobile Phone Free Download
Font Installation Instructions
2. Unicode Hindi Fonts
Mangal font is one of the Unicode font used for Hindi Typing on Websites and Online Work. To identify a Hindi Unicode font double click on font file if it shows English character then its a Unicode font. Basically it's a unique code to represent each character. To type in Hindi with Mangal font you have to use special Hindi Typing Software.
Hinglish Typing (Type in English get in Hindi)
How to type in Hindi Mangal font in MS word, Facebook or any where see instruction here
3. Hindi Keyboard Layout
Download Hindi Keyboard from below link it is the typing layout we commonly use for Hindi Typing it's the standard Hindi keyboard that is same as typewriter machine. For Typing examination Remington keyboard is commonly used in India.
Explore Hindi Fonts
What is Font ?
A font is the combination of typeface, size, weight, slope, and style to make up a printable or displayable set of characters. Font characters include letters, numbers, symbols, and punctuation marks.
Difference between ISCII and Unicode Hindi font ?
ISCII Hindi fonts are traditional fonts commonly used for Hindi Typing from the arrival of computers in India. ISCII Hindi font have their own Character encoding. To be able to view content typed with ISCII Hindi fonts you need the particular font to be installed on that device.
Unicode Hindi fonts are based upon Universal Character Encoding assign to every character of writing system. Unicode fonts are portable means it is not necessary that font must be install on the device you are using. Unicode standard is maintained by Unicode consortium. For use on Web world Unicode Hindi font is best.
How to type in ISCII Hindi Font ?
To type in Hindi font you need to install the font in your computer system and when you start typing select the name of Hindi font from drop down list of text editor (i.e. MS Word). You will see whatever you type is comes in Hindi language. If you don't know Hindi Typing then you first need to learn Hindi Typing with Hindi Typing Tutor For Krutidev and Devlys font.
How to Type in Unicode Hindi Font ?
Typing in Unicode Hindi font are different from ISCII font. If you installed a Unicode Hindi font and select in MS word and start typing you will see English instead of Hindi. To type in Unicode Hindi font you will need to install a Hindi typing software.
There are lots of options and keyboards are available for type in Hindi Unicode fonts:
1. Inscript Hindi Typing - You can type in Hindi with Indian Government official Inscript Keyboard layout for Hindi Typing. You can practice Hindi Inscript keyboard with Inscript Typing Tutor or if you already know typing in Inscript you can type Hindi with online inscript keyboard.
2. Remington Gail or CBI - These keyboards are designed for those who loved to typing with traditional typewriter keyboard. These keyboard layout is most common layout used for Hindi typing. You can learn typing with Remington Hindi Typing Tutor available on website itself.
3. English to Hindi Transcription - It's the fastest and simplest method for Unicode Hindi typing without practicing any keyboard. Just type with English keyboard and Get in Hindi Unicode font. It's also know as Hinglish typing or transliteration.
4. Hindi Speech Typing - You can also type in Hindi without keyboard. Just speak in mic and get your text typed in Hindi. Hindi voice typing is latest development in the field of Hindi typing with Unicode fonts.
Best english to hindi typing and Translation softwares is also available to use see in top menu for the link